GRANT PROGRAM DETAILS
Application deadline: Monday, May 2, 2016
Total funding provided: USD $1500
Project must take place: between 2016 and 2017
Funding is disbursed: after July 2016
Eligibility: Emerging, mid-career and established, domestic and international artists from diverse backgrounds age 20 and over.
The Arquetopia Visual Arts Production Grant is designed to disburse critical funding needed for national or international art production. It is intended to aid artists in the production of work aligned with Arquetopia’s mission, including but not limited to the following principles: social awareness, shared responsibility, innovation, and local networks development. Our grant is available to all domestic as well as international emerging and established artists working in various media including but not limited to: painting, drawing, sculpture, installation, photography, video, new media, ephemeral, time-based work, performance, etc.
All proposals are welcome. Projects addressing social issues are given priority. The proposed production should be compelling, with a clear intention and final outcome. Final work must be exhibited publicly.
Open to emerging, mid-career and established, domestic and international artists from diverse backgrounds, age 20 and over. As a stipulation for eligibility, prospective recipients shall be willing to donate one of their available works, selected by mutual agreement in return for the award, to Arquetopia’s Permanent Art Collection.
Arquetopia’s Permanent Art Collection is aimed to contribute to the dialogue on contemporary art practices and its impact on social issues. Our collection is comprised of art works and documentation by important international artists, and is on permanent display at the headquarters of Arquetopia and residency spaces both in Puebla and Oaxaca, Mexico. Arquetopia Foundation is committed to keeping the artwork available for loan to various institutions and to increasing its collection each year.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Arquetopia Visual Arts Production Grant Application Form.
- Complete and submit together by e-mail to email@example.com all of the following:
- Arquetopia Visual Arts Production Grant Application Form
- Your resume or curriculum vitae
- Five (5) sample images of your recent and varied works (JPEG, PNG, or PDF format, 72 or 150 dpi, maximum 2 MB each file) and a brief statement attesting that all works are of your own original creation
- Written proposal describing the project and funding needs
- Submit your tax-deductible donation of USD $49.00 via the orange “give now” module on the right side of any page of our website at www.arquetopia.org. Your donation will go toward our current fundraiser sponsored by GlobalGiving, “Support Music Scholarships for Mexican Youths,” and is required to activate your application. (We do not charge an application fee.)
PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMISSION
All word documents must be saved as .doc or .rtf files and adhere to the following naming convention:
lastname_firstname_TitleOfDocument.rtf (example: shaw_kathy_resume.doc or shaw_kathy_narrative.rtf).
- Application: Each applicant is required to e-mail all supporting documents.
- Resume or curriculum vitae: For the applicant and any other artist(s) to be employed by the project.
- Description of the project: Each applicant must submit a narrative form containing clear sentences and specific ideas on no more than one page. The project description is the central element of the grant request. The more information the reviewing committee has about the project and its relation to the review criteria, the better the project’s merits can be judged.
- Budget: An outline of how funding will be applied.
Applications are reviewed on a competitive basis using the following criteria:
- Artistic excellence.
- Ability to use the funds appropriately as demonstrated by the project budget.
Final independent jury comprised of three curators and/or practicing artists who reflect independence, diversity in artistic fields, gender, race, etc., and knowledge of Arquetopia’s programs meets for in-person panel review and selection.
Grant award decisions are made solely by panel of experts in consideration of each applicant’s likelihood of artistic productivity and excellence. Award decisions are final. Applicants hold no legal claim to qualification or entitlement to any grant award. Applicants do not receive reasons for awards granted or denied but will be promptly informed of their own results.
AWARD AND ACCEPTANCE
Grant recipients agree by submitting their completed application, to limited use of their images or other representation of their artwork and general information to be featured on Arquetopia’s online and print media and related publicity. All rights will be retained by the grant recipients.
Grant recipients must use Arquetopia’s official logo to give credit to Arquetopia Foundation for Development in publications and ads. Any artist receiving funds from Arquetopia’s grant program must give credit to Arquetopia whenever and wherever credit is being given, including written, oral, broadcast and Internet.
Upon grant award notification, recipient receives a formal contract via e-mail stipulating Arquetopia’s grant policies, to be signed and returned promptly to Arquetopia. Thirty days after the signed/returned contract is received and reviewed by Arquetopia, grant award is released and winners are announced.